The safety of our staff, animals, and visitors is our top priority. Throughout the entire COVID-19 pandemic, the zoo has closely followed Governor Northam’s executive orders and the guidelines of the CDC. With each new executive order, the zoo has implemented the necessary changes to comply.
As of July 1, 2021, all executive orders placing COVID-19 restrictions have expired, and Virginia’s State of Emergency in response to COVID-19 has ended.
The Metro Richmond Zoo is fully open!
- Masks: Unless fully vaccinated, masks are recommended for guests indoors. Masks are required for team members who are not fully vaccinated.
- Reservations: Online reservations for the zoo are no longer offered. Non-specific date tickets can be purchased online or at the front entrance upon arrival.
- Increased Sanitation: As always, the zoo is committed to maintaining a high level of cleanliness in the park. Team members frequently disinfect all restrooms, picnic tables, and other areas. Additional hand sanitizer stations have been placed in the zoo.
- Keeper Talks: All Keeper Talks have resumed.
- Capacity: The zoo operates at normal capacity.
- Rides and Attractions: All rides, attractions, and animal feedings are open. The playground is closed until renovations are completed.
We are so grateful for your continued support. We look forward to seeing you at the zoo soon!
Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present; the Metro Richmond Zoo cannot guarantee you will not be exposed to COVID-19 during your visit.