- Pick up lunch or a snack at our two Cafés! The Cheetah Eat Café is located behind the Gift Shop, and the Penguin Falls Café is located adjacent to the African penguin exhibit.
- Click here for a menu.
- 13 Covered Pavilions are located right inside the entrance to the zoo.
- Picnic Areas are located near each café with umbrellas to provide shade for guests.
- Playground Picnic Area is located in front of our playground.
- Benches are located throughout the zoo.
- Outside food is allowed. Coolers welcome. No grills, alcohol, or glass.
- Zoo Gift Shop is located just inside the front entrance. This gift shop offers a wide assortment of souvenirs such as plush animals, animal print pottery, t-shirts, hats, and more!
- Outdoor Gift Shop is located in the picnic area on your way out of the Zoo. This gift shop offers souvenirs like plush animals, toys, and magnets.
- Treetop Zoofari Souvenirs are available for purchase in the Zoo Gift Shop and in the Treetop Building. These souvenirs include t-shirts, baseball caps, water bottles, and draw string bags.
- Restrooms are located at the Zoo entrance, Treetop Zoofari entrance, and in the center of the Zoo.
- Hand Sanitize Stations are located at all animal contact areas.
- Single Stroller – $7
- Double Stroller – $12
- Adult Chair – $12
- Pricing is for all day rental. *Adult Chair is similar to a wheel chair but requires someone to push it.
- The Metro Richmond Zoo offers free parking for all guests.
- The Zoo is wheelchair accessible
- Safari Train can accommodate 1 wheel chair per ride. Let the train driver know when boarding.
- Safari Skylift can be stopped for anyone who might need extra time boarding. Participant will be required to transfer from wheelchair to skylift chair.
- Adult Chairs are available for rental. See “Rentals” section.